Train ticket Barão do Serro Azul Curitiba – Morretes
For those who want to enjoy the landscape to the max: panoramic windows and balcony! Only this class has these facilities and there are only 32 seats available. Buy only the ticket and do all the rest on your own.
Watch the video and see how is the tour (subtitles available in English):
GO DOWN SERRA DO MAR ENJOYING PANORAMIC WINDOWS AND BALCONY ON THE BARÃO DO SERRO AZUL CAR!
‒ Experience one of the most famous train journeys in the world in a charming way! This tour includes the train ride from Curitiba to Morretes in the Barão do Serro Azul class. This is the only class that offers panoramic windows and balcony! On top of that, the tour includes a bilingual (English and Portuguese) guide on board, a special snack and beverages to your heart’s content (water, soda or beer). The route is a real journey through time, on a train that goes through a lovely stretch of the Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The train leaves Curitiba at 8:30 AM from the Rodoferroviária Train Station in the center of Curitiba. The journey takes approximately 4:15. Only 32 seats. Exclusive and unique!
– Learn about the history of the railroad and curiosities during the journey ‒ a qualified bilingual (English and Portuguese) guide accompanies the ride on the train and tells many details of the truly epic journey that was the construction of the railway between 1880 and 1885.
‒ Reserve your ticket comfortably and, on the day of the tour, pick it up at the station where you will board! Easy, practical and safe!
The return to Curitiba is not included. In this option you book only the ticket from Curitiba to Morretes.
ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE
It is considered as one of the most beautiful rail tours in the world by travel journalists and guides. It crosses 13 tunnels and bridges in the middle of the greatest area of Atlantic Rain Forest! You will be privileged to see all the green area: one of the richest biomas in the world. The railway between Curitba and Morretes is 68 km long (about 43 miles) and it lasts about 4 hours – the train goes slowly so that you can enjoy the landscapes.
The railway was built between 1880 and 1885 – so much history here! The guides on board (only in Portuguese) tell about the challenges of the construction – it is considered a master-piece of enginnering of the 19th century! The train tour is perfect to enjoy nature and to leave all-day routine behind.
ABOUT THE TRAIN CATEGORY BARÃO DO SERRO AZUL
-- The only one that has panorama windows and varanda! Only 32 seats – unique car! You will take place in a table for 2 or 4 and can also enjoy the landscapes at the varanda6sqm.. This one is the last one in the train and you will have unique views of the Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The tour includes a guide (English/Portuguese) that tells the history and curiosities of the railroad. The board service includes a croissant with ham and cheese and beverages (water, soda, juice and beer).
Be at the Railway Terminal at 8 AM and pick up your tickets at the Serra Verde Express ticket booth.
Departure from Curitiba at 8:30 AM / arrival in Morretes approximately at 12:45 PM.
We recommend arriving at the station 30 minutes in advance.
Seats are numbered and unfortunately it is not possible to choose the side of the train.
Do you want to know more why you should book with us? Personalized service and discount coupons in your booking confirmation! Check out details here and become our client.
Special Paraná is transparent and ethical. So, it is good that you know that:
– The railroad also has cargo trains. The passenger train may stop in some moments and because of that, delays may happen. Do not make the tour if you have flight scheduled for the same day.
– We can not book an specific side of the train. Tickets are issued sequentially and as the train changes sides, the seats that one day are on the left side, can be on the right side the other day.
– If you book ahead, the seats of the same reservation will be together. In case there are only isolated seats, we will let you know.
– In case of dietary restrictions, please bring your own snack.
Be at 8:00 AM at the Train Station in Curitiba to pick up your tickets. Address: Serra Verde Express – Av. Affonso Camargo, 330 – Rodoferroviária – Terminal Ferroviário – Curitiba. Departure of the train at 8:30 from Curitiba and arrival in Morretesat 12:45 (estimated times).
Train ticket in the class Barão do Serro Azul from Curitiba to Morretes with Portuguese/English speaking guide on board, special snack (ham/cheese croissant and pastry) and free beverages (water, soda, juice and beer). The ticket back to Curitiba is not included.
IMPORTANT! Delays and cancellations may occur due to technical railroad issues. We do not recommend booking this tour if you have a scheduled flight on the same day.
Required Documents: all must bring original documents or certified copies with photos. Children under 12 years of age can travel with an original birth certificate or a certified copy of this document. The current Brazilian legislation applies in case the child is traveling without the parents.
Student rate: valid only for holders of the Carterinha Nacional de Estudante. A picture of the student card will be asked to confirm the discount and you will have to present it in the day of the tour. .