Train ticket Curitba / Morretes Imperial class
You book only the train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes and organizes the rest on your own. Elegant ambiance that looks like in old movies. Only 20 seats!
Watch the video to see how the tour is like (subtitles in English). In this option you will book the imperial class
BOOK YOUR TRAIN TICKET IN THE IMPERIAL CLASS AND ENJOY THE LANDSCAPES IN A CAR THAT REMIND THE 1930´S – STYLE AND COMFORT!
– Enjoy one of the most famous rail tours in the world with charm! This option includes only the train ticketfrom Curitiba to Morretes in theImperial classwith Portuguese / English speaking guide on board, snacks and beverages (water, soda and beer). The route is a real journey through time, on a train that goes through a lovely stretch of the Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The train leaves Curitiba at 8:30 AM from the Rodoferroviária Train Station in the center of Curitiba. The trip takes approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes.
‒ Learn about the history of the railroad and curiosities during the journey‒ a qualified bilingual (English and Portuguese) guide accompanies the ride on the train and tells many details of the truly epic journey that was the construction of the railway between 1880 and 1885.
‒ Reserve your ticket comfortably and, on the day of the tour, pick it up at the station where you will board! Easy, practical and safe!
In this option you book only the ticket from Curitiba to Morretes. When you arrive in Morretes, the further trip is on your own: there is executive van to return to Curitiba (book before!), bus or taxi.
ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE
It is considered as one of the most beautiful rail tours in the world by travel journalists and guides. It crosses 13 tunnels and bridges in the middle of the greatest area of Atlantic Rain Forest! You will be privileged to see all the green area: one of the richest biomas in the world. The railway between Curitba and Morretes is 68 km long (about 43 miles) and it lasts about 4 hours – the train goes slowly so that you can enjoy the landscapes.
The railway was built between 1880 and 1885 – so much history here! The guides on board (only in Portuguese) tell about the challenges of the construction – it is considered a master-piece of enginnering of the 19th century! The train tour is perfect to enjoy nature and to leave all-day routine behind.
ABOUT THE IMPERIAL CLASS
‒ Imperial: a charming car with tables for 2 or 4 people in an exclusive ambiance for only 20 people. It was inspired by restaurant cars and has all the charm of the 1930s. The atmosphere was exquisitely set. The windows can be opened. In this car there is no toilet and in case of necessity, the toilet in the next car is used.
– Depending on the number of people, you might share your table with other travelers. A great opportunity to meet people! (during pandemic, you will not share with strangers)
– The train ticket includes a tour guide on board (Portuguese / English) who will tell the history and curiosities about the railroad. The on-board service includes special snacks, served on a tray and free drinks (water, soda and beer).
– It is an unique train car. In case of maintainance, your reservation will be changed to another one in the same price range.
Be at the Railway Terminal at 8 AM and pick up your tickets at the Serra Verde Express ticket booth.
Departure from Curitiba at 8:30 AM / arrival at Morretes approximately 12:45 PM.
We recommend arriving at the station 30 minutes in advance.
Train seats are numbered and reserved in advance in sequential order. Unfortunately, it is not possible to choose the side of the train.
Special Paraná is transparent and ethical. So, it is good that you know that:
– In case of maintainance or any unexpected situation, you might be relocated to another car in the same price range. In case of any fare difference, you will be refunded.
– The railroad is also used by cargo trains. The passenger train may stop in some moments and because of that, delays may happen. Do not make the tour if you have flight scheduled for the same day.
– We can not book a specific side of the train. Tickets are issued sequentially and as the train changes sides, the seats that one day are on the left side, can be on the right side the other day.
– Booking ahead, you will seat together with the persons in the same reservation. In case there are only isolated seats, we will let you know.
– In case of dietary restrictions, bring your food.
Do you want to know more why you should book with us? Personalized service and discount coupons in your booking confirmation! Check out details here and become our client.
Be at the train station at 8:00 AMto get your tickets in the travel agency of Serra Verde Express. Address:Serra Verde Expres. Av. Affonso Camargo, 330 – Rodoferroviária – Terminal Ferroviário – Curitiba. Estimated arrival time in Morretes:12:45.
Train ticket in Curitiba / Morretes in the Cabin or Imperial Class with a bilingual Portuguese and English guide on board, differentiated snacks (croissants, cold cuts and sweets) and drinks at will (water, soda and beer). The ticket back to Curitiba is not included.
Required Documents: all must bring original documents or certified copies with photos. Children under 12 years of age can travel with an original birth certificate or a certified copy of this document. The current Brazilian legislation applies in case the child is traveling without the parents.
Student rate: valid only for holders of the Carterinha Nacional de Estudante.Brazilian Nationals that have disabled IDalso are entitled to discounts. A picture of the student card will be asked to confirm the discount and you will have to present it in the day of the tour. .