Train Ticket Curitiba – Morretes Pet class
Here you book yourtrain ticket from Curitiba to Morretes in the pet friendly class! A nice environment for humans and pets – comfortable and with balcony! What about this option?
BOOK YOUR TRAIN TICKET AND ENJOY THE LANDSCAPES IN A PET FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT WITH BALCONY!
– Enjoy one of the most famous rail tours in the world with much charm! This option includes only the train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes in the pet friendly class with Portuguese/English guide, snacks and beverages (water, soda and beer). This class allows petsand has comfortable sofas and chairs, besides a balcony! You will see a beautifil and huge area of Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The train leaves Curitiba at 8:30 AM from the Rodoferroviária Train Station in the center of Curitiba. The trip takes approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes.
‒ Learn about the history of the railroad and curiosities during the journey‒ a qualified bilingual (English and Portuguese) guide accompanies the ride on the train and tells many details of the truly epic journey that was the construction of the railway between 1880 and 1885.
‒ Reserve your ticket comfortably and, on the day of the tour, pick it up at the station where you will board! Easy, practical and safe!
In this option you book only the ticket from Curitiba to Morretes. When you arrive in Morretes, the further trip is on your own: there is executive van to return to Curitiba (book before!), bus or taxi.
ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE
It is considered as one of the most beautiful rail tours in the world by travel journalists and guides. It crosses 13 tunnels and bridges in the middle of the greatest area of Atlantic Rain Forest! You will be privileged to see all the green area: one of the richest biomas in the world. The railway between Curitba and Morretes is 68 km long (about 43 miles) and it lasts about 4 hours – the train goes slowly so that you can enjoy the landscapes.
The railway was built between 1880 and 1885 – so much history here! The guides on board (only in Portuguese) tell about the challenges of the construction – it is considered a master-piece of enginnering of the 19th century! The train tour is perfect to enjoy nature and to leave all-day routine behind.
ABOUT THE PET FRIENDLY CLASS
It is a unique train car for maximum 28 people divided in lounges for 2 or 4 persons each. There is a balcony to see the landscapes and also toilet for your comfort.
The trip includes a guide on board, who will tell the history and curiosities of the railway (in Portuguese). You can ask in your booking for other categories (extra fee applies). The on-board service includes special snacks, served on a tray and free drinks (water, soda and beer).
This class was designed for pet lovers and pets travelling with their owners. It is important to knowthat there are several rules to travel with your pet. You need to have a recent travel authorization signed by your veterinary, vaccination card, food container, pet food and tranportation box for the van. The rules are the same that apply for travelling by bus in Brazil!
Very important! It is a pet friendly environment and there might be pets of different sizes. It is cleaned daily, but there might be smells and hair. If you are sensitive or allergic to that, it is not the right class for you.
This class is also called Bove. Why? In honor to Prof. Bove, who taught different generations of veterinarians in Curitiba.
For your pet, there is an extra fee of R$ 30. We will send you the necessary documentation. Inform in your booking in case you travel with your pet.
Be at the Railway Terminal at 8 AM and pick up your tickets at the Serra Verde Express ticket booth.
Departure from Curitiba at 8:30 AM / arrival at Morretes approximately 12:45 PM.
We recommend arriving at the station 30 minutes in advance.
Train seats are numbered and reserved in advance in sequential order. Unfortunately, it is not possible to choose the side of the train.
Do you want to know more why you should book with us? Personalized service and discount coupons in your booking confirmation! Check out details here and become our client.
Special Paraná is transparent and ethical. So, it is good that you know that:
– In case of maintainance or any unexpected situation, you might be relocated to another car in the same price range. In case of any fare difference, you will be refunded.
– The railroad is also used by cargo trains. The passenger train may stop in some moments and because of that, delays may happen. Do not make the tour if you have flight scheduled for the same day.
- You are responsible to bring the necessary documents for you and your pet. If something is missing, you might to take the tour and will not be refunded.
– We can not book a specific side of the train. Tickets are issued sequentially and as the train changes sides, the seats that one day are on the left side, can be on the right side the other day.
– Booking ahead, you will seat together with the persons in the same reservation. In case there are only isolated seats, we will let you know.
– In case of dietary restrictions, bring your food.
Students have discount on the train fee. It is necessary to present an student ID of a Brazilian school or university. The discount can not be added to other special deals. Student IDs will be checked by boarding. In case you do not have an student ID, an enrollment confirmation of the Brazilian school or university, issued not later than 60 days prior to the tour, will also be accepted.
Be at the train station at 8:00 AMto get your tickets in the travel agency of Serra Verde Express. Address:Serra Verde Expres. Av. Affonso Camargo, 330 – Rodoferroviária – Terminal Ferroviário – Curitiba. Estimated arrival time in Morretes:12:45.
Train ticket in Curitiba / Morretes in the Cabin or Imperial Class with a bilingual Portuguese and English guide on board, differentiated snacks (croissants, cold cuts and sweets) and drinks at will (water, soda and beer). The ticket back to Curitiba is not included. There might be animals in the wagon.
Required Documents: all must bring original documents or certified copies with photos. Children under 12 years of age can travel with an original birth certificate or a certified copy of this document. The current Brazilian legislation applies in case the child is traveling without the parents.
TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR PET: Vaccination card and travel authorization signed by your veterinary (not older than 15 days before tour date). You will also need to sign a waiver and pay a fee of R$ 30 per pet.
You need to bring your food containers, pet food and higyenical mat. According to Brazilian law, several dog races must have mouth protection: neapolitan mastin, pit bull, rottweilser, american stattforshire terrier and other.