Train ticket tourist Curitiba – Morretes
Do you want to book only the train ridefrom Curitiba to Morretes in the largest class and thenproceed on your own? Secure your ticket early buying it here quickly and safely. This class has only Portuguese speaking guide.
Watch the video and see how is the tour (subtitles available in English):
PURCHASING ONLY THE TOURIST TRAIN TICKET IS AN OPTION FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO ENJOY THE TRAIN RIDE AND THEN CONTINUE THE JOURNEY ON THEIR OWN!
‒ Experience one of the most famous train journeys in the world!This option is for you tobuy only the train ride from Curitiba to Morretes in the tourist class. The tour includes a guidein Portugueseon board, a little snack and one water or soda per person. The route is a real journey in time, in a train from 1960’s that crosses a beautiful stretch of Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The train leaves Curitiba at 8:30 AM from the Rodoferroviária Train Station in the center of Curitiba. The journey takes approximately 4:15.
‒ Learn about the history of the railroad and curiosities during the journey – a qualified guide accompanies the ride on the train and tells many details of the truly epic journey that was the construction of the railway between 1880 and 1885.
‒ Reserve your ticket comfortably and, on the day of the tour, pick it up at the station where you will board! Easy, practical and safe!
– By arrival in Morretes, the further trip is at you. There are buses and few taxis!
ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE
It is considered as one of the most beautiful rail tours in the world by travel journalists and guides. It crosses 13 tunnels and bridges in the middle of the greatest area of Atlantic Rain Forest! You will be privileged to see all the green area: one of the richest biomas in the world. The railway between Curitba and Morretes is 68 km long (about 43 miles) and it lasts about 4 hours – the train goes slowly so that you can enjoy the landscapes.
The railway was built between 1880 and 1885 – so much history here! The guides on board (only in Portuguese) tell about the challenges of the construction – it is considered a master-piece of enginnering of the 19th century! The train tour is perfect to enjoy nature and to leave all-day routine behind.
ABOUT THE TOURIST CLASS OF THE TRAIN TOUR
-- It is the most numerous class with more than 20 train cars. Most of them have 48 cushioned double seats with an aisle in the middle and the windowns can be opened both sides. For your comfort, a toilet is available in each car.
– The tour includes a tour guide on board (only in Portuguese) that tells the history and curiosities. For English speaking guides, see the options of Cabin / Imperial, Luxury and Barão do Serro Azul classes (all available in the website). The board service includes a simple snack and 1 water or soda per person. We suggest you pack something extra to eat and drink.
ITINERARY TRAIN RIDE CURITIBA – MORRETES TOURIST CLASS
Be at the Railway Terminal at 8 AM and pick up your tickets at the Serra Verde Express ticket booth. Address: Serra Verde Express – Av. Affonso Camargo, 330 – Rodoferroviária – Terminal Ferroviário (Rail Station).
Departure from Curitiba at 8:30 AM / Estimated arrival time in Morretes at 12:45 PM.
The return to Curitiba is notincluded and will be organized by you.
Do you want to know more why you should book with us? Personalized service and discount coupons in your booking confirmation! Check out details here and become our client.
Special Paraná is transparent and ethical. So, it is good that you know that:
– The railroad also has cargo trains. The passenger train may stop in some moments and because of that, delays may happen. Do not make the tour if you have flight scheduled for the same day.
– We can not book an specific side of the train. Tickets are issued sequentially and as the train changes sides, the seats that one day are on the left side, can be on the right side the other day.
– If you book ahead, the seats of the same reservation will be together. In case there are only isolated seats, we will let you know.
– In case of dietary restrictions, please bring your own snack.
Be at the train station at 8:00 AMto get your tickets in the travel agency of Serra Verde Express. Address:Serra Verde Expres. Av. Affonso Camargo, 330 – Rodoferroviária – Rail Station – Curitiba. Estimated arrival time in Morretes at 12:45 PM (it depends on the logistics of the train).
Train ticket in the tourist class from Curitiba to Morretes with guide on board (only Portuguese), 1 water or soda and simple snacks.
The ticket back to Curitiba is notincluded.
Required Documents: all must bring original documents or certified copies with photos. Children under 12 years of age can travel with an original birth certificate or a certified copy of this document. The current Brazilian legislation applies in case the child is traveling without the parents.
Student rate: valid only for holders of the Carterinha Nacional de Estudante. A picture of the student card will be asked to confirm the discount and you will have to present it in the day of the tour. .