Train ticket Curitiba / Morretes cabin class
You book only the train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes and organized the rest of the journey by your own. Cabin class offers private ambiances that look like in old movies. Few seats!
Watch the video to see how the tour is like (subtitles in English). In this option you will book the cabin class.
BOOK YOUR TRAIN TICKET IN THE CABIN CLASS AND ENJOY THE LANDSCAPES IN AN AMBIANCE THAT REMINDS THE 1930´S – STYLE AND COMFORT IN A PRIVATE AMBIANCE!
– Enjoy one of the most famous rail tours in the world with much charm! This option includesonly the train ticket from Curitiba to Morretes in the cabin classwith Portuguese / English speaking guide, snacks and beverages (water, soda and beer). The route is a real journey through time, on a train that goes through a lovely stretch of the Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The train leaves Curitiba at 8:30 AM from the Rodoferroviária Train Station in the center of Curitiba. The trip takes approximately 4 hours and 15 minutes.
‒ Learn about the history of the railroad and curiosities during the journey‒ a qualified bilingual (English and Portuguese) guide accompanies the ride on the train and tells many details of the truly epic journey that was the construction of the railway between 1880 and 1885.
‒ Reserve your ticket comfortably and, on the day of the tour, pick it up at the station where you will board! Easy, practical and safe!
In this option you book only the ticket from Curitiba to Morretes. When you arrive in Morretes, the further trip is on your own: there is executive van to return to Curitiba (book before!), bus or taxi.
ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE
It is considered as one of the most beautiful rail tours in the world by travel journalists and guides. It crosses 13 tunnels and bridges in the middle of the greatest area of Atlantic Rain Forest! You will be privileged to see all the green area: one of the richest biomas in the world. The railway between Curitba and Morretes is 68 km long (about 43 miles) and it lasts about 4 hours – the train goes slowly so that you can enjoy the landscapes.
The railway was built between 1880 and 1885 – so much history here! The guides on board (only in Portuguese) tell about the challenges of the construction – it is considered a master-piece of enginnering of the 19th century! The train tour is perfect to enjoy nature and to leave all-day routine behind.
ABOUT THE CABIN CLASS
‒ Cabins:there are 6 cabins that accommodate up to 4 people each and one that sleeps two people. A privilege for up to 26 people! The cabins have a central table, which makes them very practical for families. The cabins are charming and reminiscent of old passenger trains. The windows can be opened and there is a toilet in the car.
– Windows can be open and there is a toilet in the train car. The 2-person cabin is a adapted for wheel-charis and there are a bench only on one side, backwards to the landscapes.
There is only one cabin for 2 persons. To book the 4 seats cabin it is necessary to have at least 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child (6 to 12 years old). It is not possible to book the cabin class if you travel alone.
– Depending on the number of participants, you might share your cabin with other travelers. A great opportunity to meet people!
– The Morretes-Curitiba Cabin or Imperial Train Ticket includes the services of a guide that tells the whole history and curiosities of the railroad. The on-board service includes special snacks, served on a tray and free drinks (water, soda and beer).
– It is an unique train car! If there is any maintainance issue and it is not used, your booking will be relocated to another car in the same price range.
Be at the Railway Terminal at 8 AM and pick up your tickets at the Serra Verde Express ticket booth.
Departure from Curitiba at 8:30 AM / arrival at Morretes approximately 12:45 PM.
We recommend arriving at the station 30 minutes in advance.
Train seats are numbered and reserved in advance in sequential order. Unfortunately, it is not possible to choose the side of the train.
Special Paraná is transparent and ethical. So, it is good that you know that:
– In case of maintainance or any unexpected situation, you might be relocated to another car in the same price range. In case of any fare difference, you will be refunded.
– The railroad is also used by cargo trains. The passenger train may stop in some moments and because of that, delays may happen. Do not make the tour if you have flight scheduled for the same day.
– We can not book a specific side of the train. Tickets are issued sequentially and as the train changes sides, the seats that one day are on the left side, can be on the right side the other day.
– Booking ahead, you will seat together with the persons in the same reservation. In case there are only isolated seats, we will let you know.
– In case of dietary restrictions, bring your food.
Do you want to know more why you should book with us? Personalized service and discount coupons in your booking confirmation! Check out details here and become our client.
Be at the train station at 8:00 AMto get your tickets in the travel agency of Serra Verde Express. Address:Serra Verde Expres. Av. Affonso Camargo, 330 – Rodoferroviária – Terminal Ferroviário – Curitiba. Estimated arrival time in Morretes:12:45.
Train ticket in the cabin class from Curitiba to Morretes with guide on board (Portuguese / English), snacks and beverages (water, soda and beer). The ticket back to Curitiba is not included.
Required Documents: all must bring original documents or certified copies with photos. Children under 12 years of age can travel with an original birth certificate or a certified copy of this document. The current Brazilian legislation applies in case the child is traveling without the parents.
Student rate: valid only for holders of the Carterinha Nacional de Estudante.Brazilian Nationals that have disabled IDalso are entitled to discounts. A picture of the student card will be asked to confirm the discount and you will have to present it in the day of the tour. .