Train Tour Barão do Serro Azul – shared tour
Unique experience in the only train wagon with panoramic windows and balcony‒ only 32 seats! Book the full tour and do not worry about anything!
Watch the video and see how is the tour (subtitles available in English):
BARÃO DO SERRO AZUL TRAIN TOUR: A COMPLETE PACKAGE IN THE NEWEST CATEGORY OF TRAIN, UNIQUE WITH PANORAMIC WINDOWS AND VARANDA!
‒ Be picked up at your hotel or central addressfor the train station (round trip). Pick up time from 7 AM and return approx. at at 5:30 PM. If you prefer, you can drive to the Railway Station on your own.
– Experience one of the world’s most famous railway journeys! The tour includes the Curitiba-Morretes train ticket in the Barão do Serro Azul class (a guide, special snacks and drinks at will: water, soda and beer). A fair tribute to a fantastic industrialist from Paraná who was one of the great promoters of the construction of this railroad.
‒ Enjoy the typical lunch and taste the “barreado” ‒ a specialty of the Coast of Paraná. It is a very juicy beef stew that is served with rice, cassava flour and bananas. As side dishes you will also have salad, fish and shrimp (all separately). If you are vegetarian, vegan or celiac, please inform us when you make the reservation.
‒ Visit Morretes and Antonina, two nice little colonial towns with their old houses, history and typical products (cachaça – a kind of sugar cane rum, banana candies, handmade products).
‒ Learn more about the History of Paranáduring a visit to Hisgeopar, a hall where animated puppets show aspects of the history of the state in a humorous way.
‒ Return to Curitiba by van or micro-bus via Estrada da Graciosa or BR-277, depending on the weather conditions.
‒ Take the opportunity to learn the history and curiosities of the places you visit. The tour is guided by an official local guide, what makes your experience
ABOUT THE TRAIN RIDE
It is considered as one of the most beautiful rail tours in the world by travel journalists and guides. It crosses 13 tunnels and bridges in the middle of the greatest area of Atlantic Rain Forest! You will be privileged to see all the green area: one of the richest biomas in the world. The railway between Curitba and Morretes is 68 km long (about 43 miles) and it lasts about 4 hours – the train goes slowly so that you can enjoy the landscapes.
The railway was built between 1880 and 1885 – so much history here! The guides on board (only in Portuguese) tell about the challenges of the construction – it is considered a master-piece of enginnering of the 19th century! The train tour is perfect to enjoy nature and to leave all-day routine behind.
ABOUT THE TRAIN CATEGORY BARÃO DO SERRO AZUL
-- The only one that has panorama windows and varanda! Only 32 seats – unique car! You will take place in a table for 2 or 4 and can also enjoy the landscapes at the varanda6sqm.. This one is the last one in the train and you will have unique views of the Atlantic Rain Forest.
– The tour includes a guide (English/Portuguese) that tells the history and curiosities of the railroad. The board service includes a croissant with ham and cheese and beverages (water, soda, juice and beer).
7 – 7:45 AM – Transfer from the hotel or central address to the train station (the van or micro-bus will drive to several locations, so, please, be ready at 7h).
8:30 AM – approx. 12:30 PM – Train ride to Morretes crossing Serra do Mar. The Barão do Serro Azul class has bilingual guide on board, a special snack and drinks at will (water, cold and beer).
There are tables for 2 and 4 people with fixed chairs.
You will visit Morretes and Antonina, two historic towns. Morretes has the beautiful Nhundiaquara River as background, the main church and commerce. Antonina boasts a beautiful bay, the church and the historical houses as attractions. The visit to Morretes also includes Hisgeopar, a hall where animated puppets show aspects of the history of Paraná ‒ very humorous and fun.
Lunch is included and may be in Morretes or Antonina at a previously booked restaurant. The menu is typical of the region, with “barreado” – beef stew that is served with rice, cassava flour and banana and side dishes such as salad, fish and shrimp. If you are vegetarian, vegan or celiac, please inform us in advance when you make your reservation. We will do our best to meet your needs (changes are possible only during lunch; in the train the snack is the same for all).
The reservation will be for the group, which means you will share the table with other travelers. An excellent opportunity to meet people and, perhaps, even make new friends.
Return via Graciosa Road or BR-277, depending on the weather conditions.
5:00 PM to 5:30 PM – estimated arrival time in Curitiba and transfer back to your address.
Do you want to know more why you should book with us? Personalized service and discount coupons in your booking confirmation! Check out details here and become our client.
Special Paraná is transparent and ethical. So, it is good that you know that:
– The railroad also has cargo trains. The passenger train may stop in some moments and because of that, delays may happen. Do not make the tour if you have flight scheduled for the same day.
– We can not book an specific side of the train. Tickets are issued sequentially and as the train changes sides, the seats that one day are on the left side, can be on the right side the other day.
– If you book ahead, the seats of the same reservation will be together. In case there are only isolated seats, we will let you know.
– In case of dietary restrictions, please bring your own snack.